Hexabitz modules’ part numbers follow this naming convention:
- H: is module shape prefix. Available shapes are: H (hexagon), P (pentagon), T(triangle) and S (square). Note that some modules might repeat the same shape to gain more surface area, e.g., two hexagons or two squares permanently connected to each other. They still get a single prefix from the list above.
- xx: is the main functionality (front-end) code, e.g., 01 for LEDs. This number is hexadecimal to support 256 main functionalities.
- R: is a separator that separates main functionality and sub-functionality codes.
- y: is the sub-functionality (front-end) code. This number is hexadecimal as well and thus the number of total functionalities supported is 16 x 256 = 4096.
- z: is module hardware revision number. Older revisions will be depreciated.
- -E: This is an optional extension used in some part numbers to define a deviation from standard hardware specifications (e.g., flex PCB or non-green silkscreen or different connectors).